It is very well said that a smile can easily open the gates to someone’s heart. For a beautiful smile, it is important that your teeth structure should be healthy and there should not be any cavity. What, do you have the one? The tooth cavity is present as tiny holes present on our teeth. The reason behind it is an attack of bacteria that convert sugar into acid. Streptococcus mutans are the one responsible for decay.
First, go for the home remedies
The tooth decay treatment can easily be done at home itself. There are many home treatment available used for treating the cavities.
- Adapting the sugar-free gum
There is proof in the clinical trials that chewing the sugar-free gum is helpful in remineralizing the enamel. The gum contains xylitol that has the capability of increasing the saliva flow and raise the pH of plaque. By doing this, the growth of bacteria automatically decreases.
Also, there is a presence of casein phosphopeptide-amorphous calcium phosphate that is known for decreasing the growth of bacteria.
- Consuming vitamin D
Vitamin D is needed for the absorption of calcium and phosphate. Thus, it is needed for the cavity treatment.
- Using fluoride toothpaste
For cavities and remineralizing, fluoride is another option that can prevent cavities. Whether it is a child or an elderly person, anyone can use it.
- Lower down the consumption of sugary food
Stop taking the food that has too much of sugar in it. The sugar is a prime reason behind the cavities.
Visiting a dentist
There are some deeply rooted cavities that do not get corrected by home remedies. For that, you have to visit the dentists. The experts at Dr. Bhutani Dental Clinic help you in dealing with the tooth decay. Here, we find the problems in the initial stage before they get worse. We perform,
- Fluoride treatment – In this, a large amount of fluoride is used for performing the treatment. You can involve toothpaste and mouth rinses in your daily routine.
- Fillings – These are used to cover up the cavity by filling up the enamel with suitable material.
- Root canal – It is the best way of dealing with the tooth cavities. This removes the infected area from pulp and keeps the teeth healthy.
- Crowns – People nowadays wear custom fit crowns for covering the extensively decayed tooth.
The bottom line is this that before it gets too late, visits Dr. Bhutani Dental Clinic. We treat your teeth and help you in getting your smile back.