Wellbeing in itself is a holistic concept. It intrinsically includes dental health and oral wellbeing. We all know that tooth aches are generally very difficult to handle and may lead up to extractions, if not contained in time. Moreover, dental treatments and cosmetic dentistry have become expensive affairs. Maintaining oral hygiene for healthy teeth and a bright smile should thus, be a priority for everyone. If teeth and mouth are taken care of on a regular basis, most of the dental issues can be prevented or resolved at the earliest. On the occasion of this Oral Health Day, as a leading Dental Services provider we would like to share some tips:
- FIRST AND FOREMOST, BRUSH AT LEAST TWICE A DAY: Everyone knows this dental fact, yet seldom practice it. Always brush twice a day if not more and especially once before going to bed. The food that we eat tends to decay our tooth when we sleep during night-time. Thus, brushing before sleep is of great importance.
- BRUSH THE CORRECT WAY: Always take care that you do not brush away in a hurry. Take your time with a good dentist’s approved brush and toothpaste to brush your teeth. This is an especially important habit for sensitive teeth maintenance and for all kids to learn for a lifetime of good oral health.
- FLOSS IS EQUALLY IMPORTANT, IF NOT MORE SO: Brushing can remove food inside the mouth and on teeth, but, not in between the teeth. Floss is required for this purpose.It efficiently removes food particles and plaque from between teeth and cleans them inside-out.
- DRINK LOTS OF WATER: Water helps to remove food and bacteria-built up in the mouth. Also, whenever possible, especially after every meal, rinse your mouth with enough water. This is because most of our foods are acidic in nature which tends to destroy the tooth enamel, exposing them to decay. Water helps neutralize these acids.
- AVOID SUGARS: Sugars, especially the refined ones are teeth-eaters. Thus, all dental health specialists will advise you to avoid them as much as possible. Instead, you should increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables for healthy sugars because teeth also require a balanced diet providing Calcium, Vitamin D, Phosphorus and Magnesium, etc.
- AVOID TOBACCO AND CIGARETTES AT ALL COSTS: Tobacco is one of the most widely found causes of oral cancer in the country. Avoid its intake in any form at all costs.
- VISIT A DENTIST EVERY SIX MONTHS: This is one of the soundest advice to maintain oral health. A bi-annual visit to an affordable dental care clinic like Dr. Bhutani’s helps to keep all oral problems at bay.
We at Dr. Bhutani’s clinics inculcate a very experienced hands-on team of dental surgeons who are passionately working in a world-class setup, to provide patients with best treatments and care possible.